6/3/10

What's love got to do with it?

Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.
~Oliver Wendell Holmes


I feel so lucky to have always been surrounded by love. Growing up, there was never a single moment I questioned the love of my parents. I know there are a lot of people in the world who can't say the same. I am also grateful for the love I felt from our various pets. No matter what others say, I know animals have the capacity to give and receive love much like humans. Maybe it is a different kind of bond, but our horses, dogs, ducks, and even rats touched my heart much like a best friend. Even now, with my cat curled up beside me, I can't help but smile and feel that warmth that comes with feeling love.

I truly believe that love makes life worth living. Giving and receiving love is the best feeling, and even though life is difficult at times, love seems to make everything ok. Being married for almost two years has allowed me to feel different level of love.

*Warning* I'm about to get sappy...
JC is truly my best friend. Of course, we have our disagreements, just like any friends would. I just absolutely love spending time with him, whether it's trying out a new restaurant, adventuring on a road trip, or flopped on the couch watching a sit-com (or sports). I love being in love with him. Even when I am in an insanely grumpy mood (yes, it has been known to happen) or crying for absolutely no reason (yes, it happens, too), having his love makes it all ok. Living far away from our families, we've had to rely on each other a lot over the last three (almost four!) years, and I think it's made our bond even stronger. In a sense, we've grown up together, maybe not during our childhood years, but into adulthood. That is the kind of love I always wanted, and now I have it.

Love truly does lead to happiness, no matter what kind of love it is. When I think of all the love I have in my life, I can't imagine ever being inconsolably unhappy. It seems like I always have something to smile about.

1 comment:

Sassy Senior said...

You are a beautiful, sensitive,loving lady who is adored and loved by all that know you!!! Loving and communicating with animals is a true gift. Continue to appreciate and enjoy life and you will always be rewarded in a silent, special way.
Hugs to you & Jeff...and of course, "Wiggie". Yaya & Buddy