6/4/10

'Droid does

Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain.
~J.K. Rowling


Technology astounds me. Growing up during an era of ridiculous advances, I like to consider myself pretty tech savvy. I know my way around most computer programs: I can successfully download music and upload pictures, I've created a handful of digital videos completing with editing, titles, and animation, I am able to type at fairly high speeds with great accuracy. Let's not overlook the fact that JC and I own two laptops, two desktops, a Playstation 3, an XBox 360, a Wii, an Ipod, a few MP3 players, two digital cameras, and a Flip video camera. We also currently have a digital weather station mounted on our roof, a huge collection of DVDs, and two different home theater systems. Now that I think of it, we're borderline technology-oholics. But the current "top dog" of our collection: two Motorola Androids.

Yesterday, FedEx delivered our beautiful new phones. JC and I immediately set about exploring all of the settings, features, applications, and various "bells and whistles" of these hand-held monsters. I set up my contact list online and was able to snyc it to my phone, we played with the amazing cameras (complete with zoom, autofocus, and a flash!), we downloaded free ringtones and discovered how to transfer music from our computers to our phones. We became so wrapped up in our little machines that 3 hours passed with us plopped on the couch, staring at the larger-than-normal-yet-still-too-small-to-stare-at touchscreens.

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I have fallen in love with my phone (especially after yesterday's post). I can't believe all of the wonderful things I can do and the ease of use! I give 'Droid five stars, two thumbs up, and a virtual high five. But I wonder if my endearment is based on my gravitation toward all things technologically advanced. For example, would my parents be as excited with this phone as I am? On the flip side, will my two year old nephew someday regard the 'Droid like I do a typewriter? With this type of technology become "old" in the future? I can only imagine where we will go from here.

No comments: